A dehumidifier is an electrical appliance which reduces and maintains the level of humidity in the air, usually for health or comfort reasons, or to eliminate musty odor and to prevent the growth of mildew by extracting water from the air. It can be used for household, commercial, or industrial applications. Large dehumidifiers are used in commercial buildings such as indoor ice rinks and swimming pools, as well as manufacturing plants or storage warehouses.
How it Works?
Dehumidifiers extract water from air that passes through the unit. There are two types of dehumidifiers – condensate dehumidifiers and desiccant dehumidifiers. Condensate dehumidifiers use a refrigerator to collect water known as condensate, which is normally greywater but may at times be reused for industrial purposes. Some manufacturers offer reverse osmosis filters to turn the condensate into potable water. Some designs, such as the ionic membrane dehumidifier, dispose off water as a vapor rather than liquid.
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
1. Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew.
2. They are not disruptive to your daily life, and run quietly and efficiently in the background without most people even noticing.
3. Dehumidifiers help reduce odors that can accompany mold and mildew in your home—getting rid of that “musty” or “rotting” smell.
4. These devices help to reduce the possibility that you will develop mold on your clothing, furniture, and other linens (such as curtains or bed sheets).
5. Dehumidifiers reduce irritation to your skin and your respiratory system, allowing you to breathe easier and feel comfortable in your home.
6. A less humid environment in your home means clothing will dry faster, breads and cereals will remain fresh longer without getting stale, and you won’t find signs of rust or corrosion on things like computer equipment, electronics, and tools.
7. Running a dehumidifier helps reduce dust in your home, so you won’t have to clean as often.
8. A dehumidifier also lowers energy costs because it helps your air conditioner run more efficiently. When the air in your home is more humid, the A/C must do the function of cooling the air and removing moisture, which means it has to work harder. This also causes your A/C to wear out sooner, which means you will need to replace and repair it more often.
Home & Offices
Dehumidification within buildings can control:
1. Excessive body perspiration buildup that cannot evaporate in moisture-saturated air
2. Condensation dripping from cold-water pipes
3. Warping and sticking of furniture and doors
4. Mold and mildew, which can cause fabrics, books, and furnishings to develop mustiness
5. Clothes moths, fleas, cockroaches, woodlice, millipedes, and dust mites, which thrive in damp conditions
Dehumidifiers are also used in construction areas and renovations of indoor space to remove excess humidity or mildew.
Dehumidifiers are used in industrial climatic chambers, to reduce relative humidity and the dew point in many industrial applications from waste and fresh water treatment plants to indoor grow rooms where the control of moisture is essential.
Some Industries Including:
2. Grinding & Machining
3. Food Packaging & Processing
Why Interior Decisions LLC?
Interior Decisions LLC specialize in commercial fit out works for Offices, Restaurants, Café Shop, Shisha. Interior Decision LLC has own team who are expertise in their field. We are the contractors with Design and Build Capabilities and has a habit of improvising our quality , cost , professional ethics meeting to our client expectations.
We are specialized in the Design & Build Projects, Turnkey contracting , General Contracting, services includes execution and handover of projects to clients along with required approval from various agencies. So our client do not loose their hard earned money in technical parameters and standards. Low Operation cost helps client to get best in the market and on time. Past Projects Experience of – Hotels/ Restaurants / Salon & Spa / Shisha / Offices etc.